Chef Dave’s Top Tips
At KCC we try wherever possible to minimise use of oils, fats or sugars so that our meals are as healthy as possible.
Here are a few of my tips to healthy eating for you to think about when booking your next meeting lunch or when you’re cooking yourself at home.
- You don’t have to use oil or butter in any cooking at all if you don’t want to. For example you can dry fry onions or use low fat spray oil
- Use honey to sweetened instead of refined sugar
- Always season food after cooking as it may not need much salt or may not need any at all, especially if you’ve used stock which usually contains a lot of salt
- Replace sandwiches with salads – or even order less sandwiches and more salad so you end up with a healthier balance
- Use balsamic vinegar or lemon juice instead of mayo or other high fat dressings on salads – it can be just as tasty
- Use crème fraiche instead of cream when cooking and on desserts … just as yummy!